Sunday, August 23, 2009
There is a new Susan Boyle in the house. Let's hear it for Danyl. The new IT boy. Why? Because of fantastic, brilliant audition on the X-Factor in England.
The audition is all over youtube, on twitter and the buzz is building. Come Monday TV will definitely pick up on him. In a couple of days time, he'll be what everyone is talking about.
What we know so far: he's 27, a music and drama teacher from Reading and bi-sexual. He has lots of talent, is very charismatic and likes to jump around the stage a lot while he sings.
I've watched the audition more than 5 times now. Go Danyl, the new God of the pop culture universe.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Can you believe it? In a tribute to this game changer here are my top 5 Madonna songs:
5. Ray of Light - because it was a new direction and probably her most accomplished song musically.
4. True Blue - just love it. Don't know why.
3. Like A Virgin - my introduction to her music. And because it was daring to brazenly sing about sex in the early 80's.
2. Like A Prayer - because I always find myself humming it.
1. Vogue - because of that iconic video.
Here's a good article from a blog I follow.