Wednesday, May 21, 2014

How I learned to love Magic in the Moonlight trailer



Blue Jasmine is absolutely one of my favorite 2013 movies. Not only for the huge and emotional performance from Cate Blanchett, but because it just works as a movie. It is endlessly watchable and I kept discovering gems and falling in love more as I re-watched.

With all this I was looking forward to Woody Allen's next, Magic in the Moonlight. Not to mention that it has the delightful Emma Stone. I have to say I was a bit deflated after watching the trailer. Shades of Curse of the Jade Scorpion. I wasn't expecting that. But I decided to look again and I found a lot to be excited for :

- Emma Stone is still in it and it looks like she knows how to deliver the Allen dialogue.
- it looks gorgeous, from sets to light to costumes.
- it has a lot of charm and looks like a funny zany romantic comedy.
- Jacki Weaver sighting! Yes, yes and yes again. I can't get enough of Jacki.
- Colin Firth looks OK and has nice rapport with Stone.

Bring it on I say now. I'm ready Woody. Take a look and tell us what you think in the comments.


No comments: