Sunday, January 10, 2016

Golden Globe Predictions and Wishes



Happy Golden Globes day! I will love this year's edition no matter what because it gave us the headline "Carol Leads Golden Globes Nominations". As it should be.


Cate has three but I'm hoping for a fourth

My biggest wish - apart from couture, couture, couture - is that we get a lot of surprises. Hey Globes just embrace your inner star fuckery and vote for Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet and Jennifer Lawrence and throw this awards season unto more disarray.

Here are my predictions and wishes.

Best Motion Picture Drama
Winner: Spotlight
Alternate: Mad Max: Fury Road
My Wish: Carol

Best Motion Picture (Comedy/Musical)
Winner: The Big Short
Alternate: The Martian
My Wish : Spy.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama)
Winner: Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant
Alternate: Michael Fassbender, Steve Jobs
My Wish : None

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture (Comedy/Musical)
Winner: Matt Damon, The Martian
Alternate: Christian Bale, The Big Short
My Wish : I guess Damon... I don't really care.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama)
Winner: Brie Larson, Room
Alternate: Saoirse Ronan, Brooklyn
My Wish : A tie between Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara for Carol

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture (Comedy/Musical)
Winner: Amy Schumer, Trainwreck
Alternate: Jennifer Lawrence, Joy
My Wish : Lily Tomlin, Grandma

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Winner: Mark Rylance, Bridge of Spies
Alternate: Sylvester Stallone, Creed
My Wish : Paul Dano, Love and Mercy

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Winner: Alicia Vikander, Ex Machina
Alternate: Kate Winslet, Steve Jobs
My Wish : Winslet or Jane Fonda (Youth). I want surprises, dammit!

Best Director
Winner: Ridley Scott, The Martian
Alternate: George Miller, Mad Max: Fury Road
My Wish : Todd Haynes, Carol. Duh!

Best Screenplay
Winner: Spotlight
Alternate: The Big Short
My Wish : Carol is not nominated so whatever. Just not Quentin Tarantino, please.

Best Animated Feature Film
Winner: Inside Out
Alternate: Anomalisa
My Wish : Inside Out ie. the only nominated film I saw.

Best Foreign Language Film
Winner: Son of Saul
Alternate: Mustang
My Wish : Mustang.

Best Original Score
Winner: Carol
Alternate: The Hateful Eight
My Wish : Carol

Best Original Song
Winner: One Kind of Love, Love and Mercy
Alternate: Writing's On the Wall, Spectre
My Wish : Any really as long as it's not the dreadful Spectre theme. How did that get nominated?

No comments: