Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cate's 40 today.

Happy birthday to my favourite actress, Cate Blanchett. She turns 40 today.
I have liked her since Elizabeth. I wait expectantly for each new movie she's in. She never disappoints. Always exciting to watch on screen.

Elizabeth has to be my favourite role of hers. You watch a vital, full of energy and spark, star being born right in front of you on screen. I love her line reading "Do your worst Mr. Hughes" from The Aviator. And Her Meredith Logue in The Talented Mr. Ripley, never has casual snobbery been as fascinating . And how about Notes on a Scandal and I'm Not There. Even in less than stellar movies Like Charlotte Gray, Bandits and Heaven she shines.


Who else has the range to play Elizabeth the first and Bob Dylan in the same year? Here's to you, Cate the Great.

No comments: