It has got twists and turns at every corner. One of the strongest casts on TV (everyone except Rose Byre is fantastic). Well written ambiguous characters and the most fascinating lead character on TV now (yes more fascinating than Mad Men's Don Draper).
And season 2 central mystery is even more compelling than season 1's. Which is a tall order, since that season was compulsively watchable. So best show? Let's make a pro and con list :
1. Glenn Close and that cast.
2. The twists and turns and compelling storyline.
3. Even the smallest characters are well written.
1. Rose Byre, kill her off please. Bland and unengaging.
2. Not as zeitgeist and moody as Mad Men or relatable yet out there as Big Love.
I think it comes close to being the best.