Thursday, November 12, 2009

Remembering a fleeting moment

It is very funny sometimes what moments in our lives we remember and hold dearly. Is it true that happiness is remembered rather than lived?

Every time I hear the song "Chasing Cars" I remember a moment of true bliss. Early in the morning on a Sunday waking up next to the one I love. And this is what he said:
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me
And just forget the world?

The song was a favourite of ours. But at that moment it became of serenity and happiness. Did I realize at that moment that I was happy? I don't think so. Now I know I was. Does the fact that the relationship ended add to my nostalgia. Absolutely.

Another moment was years ago with my sister. We were by the river, under a bridge In London, laughing. We were both at a crossroads in our lives. But the moment was all about the promise we both had for the future. Looking back I see that I was truly happy. I just wish I knew it then.

Happiness, a funny thing, eh?

No comments: